Planet Cataclysm

the human experience resulting in great loss and misfortune

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Finally, Christmas is OVER!

So this is Christmas and what have I done? Nothing! I got a few cool presents but to me, Christmas will never be the same as it was when I was a kid. My family didn't have a lot of money so presents like bikes were not an everyday thing like they seem to be for kids these days. It was something to look forward to. The only thing was that I lived in Canada and getting a bike in the middle of winter wasn't all that much fun either! But still, there was that build up to Christmas that I just don't get anymore and very much miss if I'm honest.

This year we spent Christmas day at my in-laws. I forgot my book at home so I guess I inflicted the five hour wait for dinner with nothing to do on myself. Thanks to a very thoughtful friends' gift though, I wasn't all that bored. The gift was a Little Miss Somersault book and I ended up reading it over and over and over for most of the afternoon. By the time dinner came around I was slowly loosing the will to live!

All in all, Christmas this year was very much like every other Christmas I've had since I was fourteen. It's just no big deal. And I think that maturity comes with ages because I have finally learnt that life sucks and you just have to get on with it!

1 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger Vanda said...

Rhub you know I love you but you're full of SH*T!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home