Planet Cataclysm

the human experience resulting in great loss and misfortune

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

What a 'Sick' Concert

The latest slang for 'cool' in Toronto is 'sick'. For example: if a nice car drives by, I might turn around and say 'Wow, what a cool car!' whereas my 16 year old brother would exclaim, 'Wow, that car is sick!'. Today I use the word sick in both meanings.

On Sunday, my hubby and I went to see a Bon Jovi concert. It was amazing or 'sick'. Nickleback was one of the warm-up acts, which made it even more worth while. Everything was going beautifully until the V.I.P. tent nearly burnt down due to the BBQ setting alight, then things started going pear shaped. The concert didn't start until 6pm which would have been ok if my hubby and I hadn't been there since 2pm and now had to sit out in the sun because our V.I.P. tent was taken away. Now I know what you're saying, good riddance to the wealthy and their prestigious first class comforts. Although I understand your jealousy, I must say that yes, I do like the comforts of having toilet paper handy when using the loo. I know its crazy but I've just gotten use to these kind of commodities.

Anyway, once the concert was on its way, everything was sick! The atmosphere, the music...everything but the food that is. You see, not having our own private BBQ anymore, my hubby and I had to stoop down to the degrading level of the other 65 000 people at the concert and buy our dinner from food vendors operating from open side vans. Now if you think that you just can't read on because rich bastards like myself shouldn't have the right to complain about what common folk go through everyday, you'll be very happy to know that as I write this entry, I am laying in bed suffering from what was thought to be acute food poisoning but turns out to just be good old ordinary food poisoning.

You see, unlike the other 65 000 people at the concert, I am not use to raw, germ infested 'meat'. Perhaps in future I may start buying the occasional hamburger from vendors on the high street to increase my tolerance. But as I pause now to use the bucket by my bedside and wipe my mouth on the towel laying next to it, I think that perhaps I’ll just stick to salads for the time being.

3 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Blogger korova said...

Are you sure that wasn't due to the music?????? Only kidding, I was a Bon Jovi fan once (I nearly abbreviated that...so glad i didn't!!). Enjoy the projectile vomiting!! Could be worse....you could be attacked by a swarm of killer bees like neath!!

 
At 8:51 AM, Blogger nigs the ninja said...

projectile vomiting ...wow seen babies do that , how far ? wonder what world record for length of puke parabola is?

anyway for tea tonight why not have a portion ........no not that !! but of steak tartar !!!

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger The Neath said...

If only you had waited a little bit longer to do the letter 'B' post you could have used 'Botulism'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home