Planet Cataclysm

the human experience resulting in great loss and misfortune

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

STRESS!

You can say what you want about Americans but I have to admit I love their in your face attitude at times. The last few months at work have been hell! Instead of dealing with problems like 'Americans', and by this I mean actually confronting someone you have a problem with and working out a solution, I have been entangled in a web of secrets, gossip and dirty underhanded lies.

As a result I have started taking long power walks around the village every other day. Some days when work has been really stressful I push myself too hard and come home completely paralysed on my right side from a mother of all stitches. But I have to admit they help (the walks not the stitches). When the pain starts to get to me I just think of all the little nasty comments said to me that day and imagine all the clever comebacks I would respond with if I had the courage. I never remember them when I need them though. The words "Oh yeah, well, ..." comes to mind and then I just submit and swallow yet another contradicting instruction or take the blame for something new they decided to blame on me.

Don't get me wrong, I love my job. At the moment its the tension I can't stand. I come home so tired I haven't the energy to read. I've been reading the same book for nearly a month now and it's only 180 pages! Needless to say this is the same reason why I haven't had any entries either. I know its sad but hey, we can't all be like Neath. The guys manages to post messages WITHOUT A CONNECTION! Now that's skill.

1 Comments:

At 10:49 AM, Blogger nigs the ninja said...

but our job is not stressful !! yea right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home