Planet Cataclysm

the human experience resulting in great loss and misfortune

Monday, September 18, 2006

Hot Air Ballooning

Well, after one cancellation, we managed to go hot air ballooning yesterday. It was fantastic! We went up 2500 feet, so not THAT high up and traveled nearly 10 miles, taking off from Marden Beach and landing in Doddington. The brochures said we could travel anywhere between 3 and 5 miles so we did quick well. The poor people who went ballooning last week has no wind and ended up circling Leeds Castle for 45 mins.

The view was gorgeous but on the way down I got vertigo. Now for anyone who has never experienced it, its really scary! I felt like I needed to be sick and then my vision went. I was blind for about five minutes without actually losing conciseness. I don't think the fumes and heat from the burners helped either. Lets just say that on the way home I was quite sick (thankfully not in the car because hubby pulled to the side on time).

Here are some of the pictures we took if anyone is interested!

2 Comments:

At 10:22 PM, Blogger The Neath said...

I thought for a minute that you were talking about having taken photos of you being sick.
I'm glad you hadn't!
: )
Great photos. I love the one looking straight down on to Leeds Castle.

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger nigs the ninja said...

lay off the vodka , and hey presto no more vertigo/blindness

 

Post a Comment

<< Home