Planet Cataclysm

the human experience resulting in great loss and misfortune

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

No Wonder People Don't Send Letters Anymore!


It's my brothers birthday next week and so this morning I sent him a birthday card. I went to the post office and asked for a 68p international stamp. Well, first they told me that in April the prices went up to 72p and then when they realized that it was for a letter going overseas (goodness knows why else they thought I wanted an international stamp), they said they had to weigh it. Well, apparently, a letter with a birthday card in it qualifies as OVERSIZED!! I had to pay £1.20! What would have to be in the envelope for me to pay only 72p? I'm thinking maybe a one page note pad sheet. In other words the content of A SHORT EMAIL!! It's no wonder people don't send letters anymore. With more and more people having similar experiences to mine, the demand on the postal system is decreasing, forcing the post office to increase their prices even more. A vicious cycle I guess but after this morning I have no sympathy at all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home