Planet Cataclysm

the human experience resulting in great loss and misfortune

Monday, January 08, 2007

New Year, New Me!

This winter hit me hard. As many of you know I suffer from SAD. I go from a cheery, bubbly person in the summer, to a miserable and very depressed person in the winter. The problem is that I get quite sick as well and this results in me not being able to workout. Well, not anymore!

You see, my husband has had a very stressful winter. Having had a project deadline recently, I hadn't seen much of him and when I did conversation was minimal. So to make it up to me he has decided to take me away on holiday. The only catch is that last time we went on holiday to a sunny destination, I promised him that I wouldn't wear a bikini on that holiday but would definitely wear one on the next one. Now for any of you that know me, this is not good. I have less than a month to get fit enough to into a bikini! For those of you that don't know me, just picture Dawn French in a bikini and you've pretty much got the idea!

I've begged and pleaded but a promise is a promise. So because I can't get out of it, I have started a three week super diet which involves a lot of exercise and becoming good friends with starvation! It probably won't work and you'll most likely end up watching the news one day and hear about a beached whale found at the Crystal Cove Resort in Barbados and be horrified that you recognize me when the cameraman finally gets the courage to zoom in. I apologize in advanced. Let's just hope they don't show it during dinner time.

2 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Blogger nigs the ninja said...

if you are fat then im a white belt, have a super time and remember sex burns more calories than jogging...its true !!

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Vanda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home